Aims, Values and Strategic Priorities
Warlingham School & Sixth Form College is a caring, supportive environment, where children and staff are happy, where we work with integrity and respect, and where everyone is challenged to reach their highest possible achievement
Learning takes place in a purposeful and well-disciplined environment in which students are encouraged to be actively involved through investigation, problem solving, discussion, practical work and research.
Ofsted inspectors have praised the quality of teaching throughout the school and the exemplary behaviour of our students. Staff have high expectations of students and provide a range of challenging experiences for all abilities, leading to good examination performances and an enjoyment of learning.
We take our motto of "Wide Horizons, High Aspirations" very seriously and build in opportunities for our students to develop as individuals through the taught curriculum and an extensive range of additional activities.
Our key values are: Courage, Commitment and Kindness. The Warlingham Learner, which centres on and develops these values, is the means by which we articulate and develop the skills and personal attributes that our students need to become outstanding lifelong learners who are able to be happy and successful in school and in life beyond school. For more information about the Warlingham Learner, please click here.
We intend to:
- Help every student, and every member of staff, to achieve more than they ever thought possible, regardless of their starting points.
- Be a community of excellence where we hold high expectations for success in ourselves and in others.
- Foster an environment where individuals take responsibility for themselves and show respect for others as part of a healthy and safe community.
- Value and embrace the fact that we are all different and show tolerance for the beliefs, faiths and opinions of others.
- Prepare students for successful and fulfilling adult lives by giving them opportunities to experience work, volunteering and to participate in their community.
- Help our students to develop into outstanding lifelong learners with the knowledge, skills, understanding and personal attributes for success.
- Promote a love of learning by high quality and engaging teaching which delivers great learning outcomes.
- Celebrate the varied achievements of all students and all members of staff.
Partnership with Parents and Students
Our Home-School Agreement outlines the expectations of the partnerships between school, students and parents. Please click here for our Home School Agreement 2021-2022.
Our Strategic Priorities
Please click here to view our School Improvement Plan Priorities for 2021-2022.
Please click here to view our Strategic Objectives.