This award is designed for Year 10 and takes a minimum of 12 months to complete; only 6 months if a previous level has already been achieved.
Your DofE leader for Silver is: Miss Wilson
For more information or to contact Miss Wilson, email: email@example.com
DofE Silver Training will take place every Monday after school in room C15 from 23rd February onwards.
To take part in DofE please read the DofE Guide for Parents and Carers, print the registration form, complete it and return it to your DofE leader.
- DofE Silver and Bronze Award - General Guide for Parents and Carers click here
- Dof E Guide for Warlingham School Parents and Carers click here
- DofE Registration Form click here
- DofE Silver letter click here
DofE is an online system that means you can record your DofE programme and activities, and prove what you've done in loads of different ways, click the link below to start:
- The next step up from Bronze... you need to be at least 15 to start doing your Silver DofE programme. If you've achieved your Bronze Award, your Leader may allow you to start your Silver a month or two before your 15th birthday.
- A Silver DofE programme has 4 sections, Volunteering, Physical, Skills and Expedition. You need to do at least 6 months Volunteering and a minimum of 6 months on either Physical or Skills and 3 months on the other . It’s up to you which one you do for longer.
- The Expedition section involves planning, training for and completing a 3 day (2 night) expedition.
- If you start your Silver without doing Bronze first you’ll have to do an extra 6 months volunteering or doing whichever of the Physical or Skills sections you have spent more time on. Though you can change your mind later, you should decide which section you want to do for longer at the beginning. Knowing how long you’re going to do it for will help you to choose your activity and set your goals for each section.
- It will take you at least 6 months for Silver if you've already achieved your Bronze, or 12 months if you've jumped straight into Silver.
|6 months||6 months||3 months||Plan, train for and undertake a 3 day, 2 night expedition|
Physical and Skill: One section for 6 months and the other section for 3 months.
Timescales at a glance - click here
This section of the DofE silver page has all the training, trip dates and information. It also has downloads for additional booklet pages, training schedules and any information given by your silver leaders.
Dates for Silver trips
|Silver Practice Expedition||01 - 04 May 2020|
|Silver Final Expedition||21 - 24 May 2020|
Students taking part in this current years award should keep a close eye on this page, It will be updated with the latest information regarding your trips and meetings.
See the D of E download page for more downloads, click here