This award is designed for the Sixth Form and takes a minimum of 18 months to complete but only 12 months if a previous level has already been achieved. Please note that spaces on the gold award are limited.
Your DofE leader for Gold is: Mr Hellier
For more information or to contact Mr Hellier, email: N.Hellier@WarlinghamTLT.co.uk
To take part in DofE please read the DofE Guide for Parents and Carers, print the registration form, complete it and return it to your DofE leader.
- DofE Gold - General Guide for Parents and Carers click here
- DofE Guide for Warlingham School Parents and Carers click here
- DofE Registration Form click here
DofE is an online system that means you can record your DofE programme and activities, and prove what you've done in many different ways, click the link below to start:
- Once you are 16 you can do your Gold DofE programme. No activities can be counted for this before your 16th birthday.
- You’ll spend 12 months on your Volunteering section. For Physical and Skills you must spend 12 months on one and six months on the other - you decide which way round you do it.
- Your expedition will be for four days and three nights (plus an acclimatisation day) and should take place in 'wild country'.
- The big difference at Gold is you'll also do a Residential section - staying away from home for five days and four nights doing a shared activity with people you don't know. It's great fun and a real chance to do something different!
- If you’ve jumped straight into your Gold DofE programme you’ll need to do a further six months either volunteering or whichever one of your physical or skills activities you spent the most time on.
- For Gold, you'll need to do your programme for at least 12 months if you've achieved your Silver Award, or 18 months if you've started at Gold level without doing your Silver - even if you've done Bronze.
|12 months||One section for 12 months and the other section for 6 months||Plan, train for and undertake a 4 day, 3 night expedition.||Undertake a shared activity in a residential setting away from home for 5 days and 4 nights.|
Direct entrants must undertake a further 6 months in either the Volunteering or the longer of the Physical or Skills sections.
Timescales At a Glance click here
Current Year 11 students will be able to enroll after the summer holiday for the DofE 2017 if returning to 6th Form, please see or email Mr Hellier for more information.
Dates for Gold trips
|Gold Practice Expedition||26th - 30th June 2023||Lake District|
|Gold Final Expedition||9th-14th July 2023||Lake District|
Students taking part in this current years award should keep a close eye on this page, It will be updated with the latest information regarding your trips and meetings.
See the D of E download page for more downloads, click here